The Penarth Custom House was built in 1865 and
was probably designed by Samuel Dobson who was
responsible for Penarth Dock. It is a Grade II
The building was constructed of rusticated stone
and cream coloured brick
a dome and a
and was the setting for port
officials to go about their
for well over a century.
The building now houses two quality restaurants
the El Puerto brasserie on the ground floor and
La Marina fish restaurant on the first floor.
The Custom House also incorporates an extensive
bar and terrace which over look Cardiff Bay. The
terrace in the summer also lends itself to an
outside dining area which benefits from the
cooling sea breeze as well as a being a
beautiful location on a sunny day to enjoy a
bottle of wine.
A link to the latest Google Streetview is provided below but please be aware that this may be somewhat out of date.